Forums

ForumForumPlug-in and Pla...Plug-in and Pla...Outlook Plug-inOutlook Plug-inSend To No Parent Selected Causes ExceptionSend To No Parent Selected Causes Exception
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 9/20/2007 6:30 PM

When using the Send To Splendid feature, I am getting an error when attempting to send only to a contact.  I find that the plugin is attempting to associate the email to an ParentId and ParentType equal to an empty string. 

I solved this by only attempting to create the relationship when the nParentCount is equal to 1.  I didn't want to try to handle this on the soap.asmx side as I do not want to ignore failures to associate.

Just wanted to make that recommendation and get your thoughts in case I am missing something. 

ALSO,

When these parent relationships are created, the relationship is created by inserting records into EMAILS_ACCOUNTS instead of setting the PARENT_ID within the record in the EMAILS table.  Because of this, the email doesn't appear on the Account's Activity History Section (it appears that only vwCONTACTS_ACTIVITIES accesses these EMAILS_* tables).  How is this supposed to be working? 

New Post
 9/21/2007 1:44 AM

We are currently testing a fix for the ParentType issue.

The second issue will take some research.  I thought we already resolved this issue.

New Post
 9/21/2007 11:26 AM

Modified By Matthew Holden  on 9/24/2007 10:47:30 AM

FYI, I am still on SplendidCRM version 1.2.  I am waiting for the next release and then I will synchronize my codebase. 

I do have version 1.4 on a dev machine.  I have compared the soap.asmx.cs file and the spEMAILS_[module]_Update procs and they appear to be the same. 

ALSO, while comparing, I noticed a change I made that you may be interested in.  The ParseDateRange function wasn't working for me so I changed the regular expression to:

Regex r = new Regex(@"[^\w\'\>\<\:\/]+");

If it is true that it has been fixed as you believe, I would like to get an updated version of the source.  If it has not been fixed, I would like to know what your intended solution would be.  Is it to fix views (such as vwACCOUNTS_ACTIVITIES) to query the pertinent table (EMAILS_ACCOUNTS), or is it to fix the procs (such as spEMAILS_ACCOUNTS) to set the parent of an email instead of adding records to EMAILS_ACCOUNTS.  Those are the only two options I can come up with at first glance.  I would be happy to code it myself so that I can release the new plugin to my user base (I disabled the send to splendid feature for the first plugin that was released), but I would like to know what Splendid's plan would be for moving forward so that I could simplify synchronization of my codebase with Splendid in the future when you do put a fix in place.  Thanks...

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumPlug-in and Pla...Plug-in and Pla...Outlook Plug-inOutlook Plug-inSend To No Parent Selected Causes ExceptionSend To No Parent Selected Causes Exception