Forums

ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...DevelopersDevelopersAuto-Reply Email not workingAuto-Reply Email not working
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 2/12/2012 4:40 PM

I am unable to get auto-response working correctly. Here is how I've configured SplendidCRM Community 5.5.4424.26771. It's running on Windows Server 2008 & IIS 7.

1. I created an IMAP email account... info@Demo.com.
  2. I created an Email Template in SplendidCRM Community edition... Info Response
  3. I created a MAILBOX (Admin, Inbound Email, Create Mailbox)... Info
  4. In the Autoreply field I specified my template, Info Response
  5. I filled in "From Name" and "From Email Address"
  6. Once the mailbox was created, I tested it by clicking "Check Mail." It worked
  7. From another email account, I sent info@Demo.com an email.
  8. I went to Admin, Scheduler and clicked "Run" on the "Check Inbound Mail Messages" task.
  9. My Lead was created automatically, but there was no reply to my original email message.

I would have expected a response to be emailed back to the sender. It should have included the text that I specified in the Info Response template which I created in step 4.

Question: Does this task work in Community Edition? I also plan to use it in Enterprise (but have not yet tested). Where is the code that deals with the auto-reply. Since it runs in the background, I'm not sure where to find it. It was not obvious to me. Any help would be appreciated.

New Post
 2/12/2012 5:16 PM

Not sure why you are having a problem, but the place to look for a solution is in spEMAILS_InsertInbound.3.sql. Toward the bottom, you will see the logic to insert into the INBOUND_EMAIL_AUTOREPLY table.

The first step in debugging is to see if records are indeed getting inserted into INBOUND_EMAIL_AUTOREPLY. If not, then the solution is in this stored procedure. If a record is getting created, then look at vwEMAILMAN_Send as to why the auto reply is not being generated.

New Post
 2/13/2012 10:45 AM

Unfortunately, there are two issues...

FIRST, There is an error in spEMAILS_InsertInbound. @FILTER_DOMAIN is not handled correctly. Here's the fix.

SET @FILTER_DOMAIN = lower(ISNULL(@FILTER_DOMAINJ),''));

In the following line I've also done the same with @ACTIVITY_TYPE. Modify the check for IS NULL to the following

LEN(ISNULL(@ACTIVITY_TYPE,'')) = 0

After adding this fix, records are properly added to INBOUND_EMAIL_AUTOREPLY and EMAILMAN.

SECOND, the pollOutboundEmails task is not sending auto-reply emails scheduled by spEMAILS_InsertInbound. This is a bigger problem. The notes at the end of spEMAILS_InsertInbound read as follows: To have an auto-reply we just need to insert the inbound record and the auto-reply record. The rest is automatic. This is not the case. The failure to send stems from the view vwEMAILS_ReadyToSend. It doesn't check either one of the tables updated in the upstream process. It looks to me like pollOutboundEmails needs some additional logic.

New Post
 2/13/2012 9:26 PM

There certainly was a bug with the FILTER_DOMAIN, but since most do not this field, it is not the core problem. The main reason why auto-replies are not working is that there was a missing view vwAUTOREPLY_Edit. Once we added this view, the auto-reply feature worked.

One important note is that the auto-reply logic uses the Mass Campaign scheduled event. By default, this event is only run every hour. You may want to change this event to run every 10 minutes.

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...DevelopersDevelopersAuto-Reply Email not workingAuto-Reply Email not working