Forums

ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...Feature Request...Feature Request...Document Merging for Printing & More powerful mail-merge capabilitiesDocument Merging for Printing & More powerful mail-merge capabilities
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 3/8/2010 11:26 PM

Would like the SplendidCRM dev team consider the following features:

a) MS Word document merging for printing purposes

- The ability to import a MS Word doc template and merge relevant info into the placeholders in the doc and then generate a list of word doc or pdf ready for printing or direct distribution

- Useful to generate large amount of personalized brochures and collaterals

b) Improvements to the mail-merge for email campaigns

- To be able to tag and merge more information from different sources

- I feel the current mail merge feature for the email template is a bit too simplistic and not flexible enough for heavy-duty email campaigns.

- Some advanced features like supporting scripts to grab the relevant datas for the placeholders, custom data placeholders etc. would be useful
New Post
 3/8/2010 11:45 PM

Great suggestions.  Can you provide any suggestions on how to use scripts to add data?  You already have the source code, so you can do just about anything you want.  The hard part is adding this kind of feature without any coding.

New Post
 3/9/2010 12:02 AM

Yeah, that's the pros and cons of open-source I guess, everything is possible with coding but unfortunately, in the corporate world, clients tend to dislike such approaches.

There is a common approach in many enterprise to offer easy to use tools or GUI to create customizations for this purpose.

I shall not name the products or companies here but I think you should be able to do some research on this.

I will go and dig out an example for your development team and post it later in this thread.
Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...Feature Request...Feature Request...Document Merging for Printing & More powerful mail-merge capabilitiesDocument Merging for Printing & More powerful mail-merge capabilities