Forums

ForumForumPlug-in and Pla...Plug-in and Pla...MS SQL Server D...MS SQL Server D...Best Practices for Moving the SpendidCRM databaseBest Practices for Moving the SpendidCRM database
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 10/4/2010 9:13 AM

Hi,

We need to move the current instance we have of the SplendidCRM database off of SQLExpress and onto a real SQL Server. Apparently the encryption keys make it so simply detaching the database and re-attaching it in a full blown MS SQL database will not work. We have the Enterprise edition, so we have access to all the scripts, so my questions are fairly simple:

(1) What do you guys feel is the best way to migrate your product and is there anything I need to be aware of that might be commonly missed?
(2) Can I get away with just exporting the database tables and data, then simply running the provided scripts for the views and stored procs, or does your system alter the views as well?

(3) Is it possible to simply decrypt the current copy of the database so we can move it with the Enterprise Edition?

New Post
 10/4/2010 11:18 AM

We are not aware of any encryption keys issue that will prevent you from using either the backup/restore or detach/attach approachs to moving a database from Express to Enterprise. The only issue is that you must restore to an equal to or newer version of SQL Server. For example, you can backup a SQL 2005 database and restore to SQL 2008, but you cannot backup a SQL 2008 R2 and restore to SQL 2008 non-R2.

Can you send us the error you are getting when you try to restore the Express database into your Enterprise server? Also, it would be helpful to know the @@VERSION information on each system.

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumPlug-in and Pla...Plug-in and Pla...MS SQL Server D...MS SQL Server D...Best Practices for Moving the SpendidCRM databaseBest Practices for Moving the SpendidCRM database