How many pro licenses do I need in easch of two cases:
1. Two developers will do integration with existing system, then 100 employees of the same company will use the system
2. Two developers will do integration, the the system will be given to another company (without sql sources) where 100 emploees will use it
1. If the developers are already included in the 100 employee count, then you will need 100 Professional licenses. Otherwise, you will need 105 licenses to cover all the users and the developers.
2. If you hire an external company to perform the integration, that external company may only need 5 Professional licenses. Our free runtime license was designed to encourage system integrators to deliver services on top of SplendidCRM. Please keep in mind that you are not allowed to have any of your employees see the SQL source code, so a developer working for both your company and the external company would nullify the license and require that you obtain the full 105 Professional licenses.
The thing to keep in mind is that we are a small privately held company. As long as we can remain profitable, we will be able to continue to add features and fix bugs. We could go the venture capital route, but they would likely require that we stop the free runtime license. So we kindly ask for your support. The Professional license is perpetual and not yearly, so you are not required to upgrade every year.
The other thing to keep in mind is that we offer consulting services and can act as a system integrator to your company. It is not our intent to compete with would-be system integrators; we simply feel that we can make their job easier if we walk in their shoes. We have limited resources, so we cannot provide this service to everyone. Please feel free to contact us directly to discuss this further.
sorry if this is redundant but we have a similar situation and I was wondering if you could let me know how many licenses would be required in the following scenarios:
1. We have a client that we are looking to migrate their existing VB6 application to Splendid. Splendid would be the 'core' and then we would migrate/reuse the VB6 code to customize, extend and integrate Splendid with the client's internal and their vendor's systems. Once the development is complete, we would turn the application over to the client for use by approximately 300 total users - with approx 100 max concurrently.
2. We're confident that the product we create as part of scenario #1 above would be marketable to a specific vertical indusry as a SaaS type offering. In this scenario, we would customize the application and then host the application using a SaaS model. The number of users would - at least hopefully - be > 1000 if not more.
Since this post and your reply is a bit old, I was curious whether or not you still offer consulting/inegration services and whether you have added resources to handle these projects? If so, I'd be interested to learn more about how your typical engagement works, services provided, costs etc.
1. As long as you deliver SplendidCRM with the SQL source code encrypted, and the client is unable to continue to develop on the platform, then you only need licenses to cover your developers. The client would be required to go back to you or any enhancements. If the client wanted to take-over development, then they would be required to license the full 300 named users. We do not offer any sort of discount for concurrent users.
2. The same 5 licenses from above can be used to qualify for our free hosting license. You may host as many customers with as many users as you want.
Please contact us directly regarding consulting projects and availability.
Copyright (c) 2006-2012 SplendidCRM Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.