Forums

ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...BugsBugs2.0 Beta - Campaign Emails not sending2.0 Beta - Campaign Emails not sending
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 1/8/2008 7:58 AM

The campaign functionality seems to all hold together as far as i can tell - only I still can't get it to actually send an email either in campaign or individually - the "Send" button is greyed out. I'm pretty sure my settings are right - is there something I'm missing?
New Post
 1/9/2008 5:52 AM

Modified By Simon Probert  on 1/9/2008 7:03:30 AM

Ok I've tracked this down to a problem with the Users table - it doesn't seem to save the

Email Options Reply-to name Reply-to address fields in the users table - but then it doesn't seem to use them anyway - If you manually add an email1 to your user it makes the send button active - and sends or at least tries to, at least i can see an error now!

I added in Users.EditView the Email1 binding and in Users.DetailView and now that works fine - was probably just overlooked in the build

Meanwhile I will see about the Reply-to Name and Reply-to address - it would seem to me that these settings hould be the ones that the email sending grabs rather than the users email1.. back to the studio...

New Post
 1/9/2008 6:35 AM

Ok I've put in the correct settings and it does in fact now work as expected - need to think this through a bit more because as the headers don't match the emails generated are being caught by spam and junk filters - notably in outlook.

The email options probably needs to be adapted to use the users own pop3 accounts or exchange - or generic ones like "info@" which would have to be selectable somehow. Anyway the point is that it does work which should be deemed to be a GOOD THING

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...BugsBugs2.0 Beta - Campaign Emails not sending2.0 Beta - Campaign Emails not sending