Forums

ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...BugsBugsBeta2 - isMobile doesnBeta2 - isMobile doesn't seem to detect mobiles...
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 1/10/2008 4:42 AM

Modified By Simon Probert  on 1/10/2008 5:50:15 AM

Ok I'll update my build and test again - I have them all lined up on my desk ready to go. What I did notice yesterday was that the BlackBerry wasn't responding to the submit so I couldn't get past the login page - I will debug this as well hopefully it's just something to do with the BB Broswer or the event not defined error and not a generic problem across the whole application which could be a serious pain in the er... neck. I'll give Opera Mini a go as well.

Still think it would be pretty handy to have device specific themes ( even if they are just placeholders derived from the mobile template initially ) eg Mobile - Generic, Mobile - BlackBerry and Mobile - iPhone. I guess you could just override the theme setting in the function somewhere... I'll see what I can rustle up.

New Post
 1/10/2008 5:46 AM

Ok success!

BlackBerry detects correctly ( but still won't get past login - next on my list for today )
iPhone - Mines actually a heavily hacked iTouch but I created a new browser file and that works fine now too ( emailed seperately for SGV )

Haven't sorted the old PocketPC or XDA yet.

I had originally thought it might be something to do with the App_Browsers folder but lost the will to live after a few seconds of scouring MS Documentation - hence why I hacked it. This is infinitely better because any new device or other device can now be easily added by developers.... Maybe we should get splendid running on a tomtom or satnav - choose a contact in your car and it will tell you how to drive there *chuckles*

New Post
 1/10/2008 9:38 AM

Modified By Support  on 1/10/2008 1:34:49 PM

Could it be a cookie issue?  Without cookies, there is no session.  Without a session, the user is never logged-in.

New Post
 1/10/2008 10:43 AM

Ok it looks like a problem with the BlackBerry native browser which is a bit rubbish anyway - I downloaded Opera Mini 4 and it works fine - pretty much the best mobile browser i've used so far in fact. I've sent the browser file in so it should be available in SGV pretty soon

Next up Old Pocket PC and XDAs

New Post
 2/9/2009 3:03 PM

Hi guys,

I stumbled across this post this evening. I know it's over a year since anyone last looked at it but thought I'd give my 2c.

I work for dotMobi, the mobile internet guys (http://mtld.mobi) and I am the lead developer of our DeviceAtlas API, so now that I have that out in the open I'd recommend you check out DeviceAtlas to solve the device detection issue.

Our .NET API can be run as an IIS module that automatically suppliments the Request.Browser object with the latest device data from our database. I don't want to go into a hard sell, it's free to get a developer licence so try it out and if it fits your need that's great.

Our latest API is currently in Beta, due for official release within the next month, and can be downloaded here http://devicealtas.com/downloads/beta

You'll have to register to download it but the registration covers all dotMobi sites, including mobiForge.com our mobile developer community which you may find useful anyway.

All the best.
Adrian
Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...BugsBugsBeta2 - isMobile doesnBeta2 - isMobile doesn't seem to detect mobiles...