Forums

ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...General Discuss...General Discuss...InstallationInstallation
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 10/22/2009 6:38 AM

Hi there I started to run the installation and the first thing it seemed to want to do was install ASP.NET files and also a version of SQlServer 2005. I cancelled it as I already have all this stuff on my server so I did not want to overwrite anything. Am I missing something here ? - doesnt the install program check this kind of thing ? thanks J
New Post
 10/22/2009 9:29 AM

They typical approach is to install a separate instance of SQL Server.  But if you know what you are doing, you can select Custom Install and disable SQL Server Express.  In that case, you will be responsible for creating the SplendidCRM database and for the credentials to access the database.

As for .NET, it should only install if it does not exist.  However, the configuration utility will always run the .NET the ASP.NET IIS utility to ensure that .NET has been registered with IIS.

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...General Discuss...General Discuss...InstallationInstallation