Forums

ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...DevelopersDevelopersScheduler in Community EditionScheduler in Community Edition
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 2/12/2012 5:50 PM

I just finished posting an issue regarding auto-reply not working. As part of my diagnostic process, I needed to run the "Check Inbound Mailboxes" task. On my system, the "Check Inbound Mailboxes" task is set to run every ten minutes. As part diagnosing my auto-reply issue, I could get SplendidCRM Community Edition to create a lead when it found a new email in a mailbox that SplendidCRM was monitoring. This should have happened automatically after 10 minutes. But on my system, I noticed that it never happened, unless I manually ran the "Check Inbound Mailboxes" task. It would appear that my scheduler is not running.

What is the proper method of monitoring the scheduler. Should there be entries in the system log. If I don't see any, what are the steps to ensure that scheduler is running? I'm willing to help document this if you'll point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for your help.

New Post
 2/12/2012 6:25 PM

OK. I got it. Let me save anyone grappling with this some time...

How can you tell if the scheduler is running? Check "Last Run" time in Scheduler. Refresh your screen every few minutes and you should see "Checking Outbound Emails" updating. When you install SplendidCRM, this is set to run perpetually. So it runs as often as it can, which I observed as every 5 minutes.

The "Checking Inboud Emails" task is setup by default to what appears to be every 5 minutes, but this is not the case. It was actually setup to run at 5 minutes after every hour.

My fix is to edit "Check Inbound Emails." You have hold the control key down and click all the times you want the task to run. So in my case, I clicked 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50. When you look at the interval, it should read like this, "10,20,30,40,50::*::*::*::*" It's not an interval, it's a time!

New Post
 2/12/2012 6:35 PM

The default for Check Outbound Emails is *::*::*::*::*, which means to check as often as possible. We do use a 5 minute timer, so as often as possible means every 5 minutes.

In the Scheduler edit page, there is a dropdown error under the Interval Yearly radio button. If you expand that section, you will see the asterisks in all the fields. The asterisks means any. Any minute, any hour, any date, any month, any day of the week.

If you want the event to run every 10 minutes, then you can use 10,20,30,40,50. But don't forget 0.

The Interval uses the CRON notation, which allows you to specify at what points in the hour or day to run.

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...DevelopersDevelopersScheduler in Community EditionScheduler in Community Edition