Forums

ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...DevelopersDevelopersInbound Email creating casesInbound Email creating cases
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 12/5/2011 4:45 PM

Hello, I would like a feature, and maybe this already exists please advise. I am using SplendidCRM Community Version 5.5.4180.23100

Currently I have an Inbound Email account that is set to create a case. This seems to work more or less, sometimes it doesn't seem to go automatically though, but that's another issue.

What I would like to do is to have the case populate automatically the Account based on the relationship between the Contact sending the e-mail and its Account as well as add the Contact as a relation. It seems that the e-mail that is related to the case has the Case, Contact, and Account Related, however the Case only has the E-mail related and no other data populated/related in the history.

I was thinking the easiest way, unless this functionality already exists, would be to tap into the method of creating new cases or the e-mail to case creation. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I would prefer to do this on the SQL side, eg. write a sproc that would take the input of the contact ID and case ID and then lookup the account of the contact ID and assign the Account to that Case and relate the Contact to that Case. And then call that from the existing code/sproc in order to change the base as little as possible. Let me know if you think this is a plausible method.

Thanks!

New Post
 12/5/2011 9:41 PM

The place to look is in spEMAILS_InsertInbound. It is a bit complex, but I'm sure you can add something to the bottom to do what you want for the specific condition you want.

New Post
 12/6/2011 5:02 PM

Ahh perfect, there is a lot going on in that sproc, I'll start there. Thanks!

New Post
 12/15/2011 12:16 PM

Did you figure this out? I did something similar and in the exact location as indicated by support if you need some help.

New Post
 1/12/2012 4:30 AM

Modified By evantanski  on 1/12/2012 5:32:15 AM

You will need to extend the code to handle the below scenario. You'll need to also figure out how/what determines when a new case is created etc.

Frostwire

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...DevelopersDevelopersInbound Email creating casesInbound Email creating cases