Forums

ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...WorkflowWorkflowSetting a custom field in a related module using Workflow.Setting a custom field in a related module using Workflow.
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 9/24/2010 12:38 PM

Hi,

We are trying to setup a Workflow so that it can create a Task and then set a new value on a custom field whenever a certain action is done to an account. I was able to create the custom field and change the edit/details view for the the Task Module, and the custom field shows up when I try to setup the action. However, when I attempt to use the newly minted custom field in the Workflow action I get the following error:

error 1549: Activity 'Tasks1_TaskDueC' validation failed: Path 'TASK_DUE_C' used to specify member for 'Tasks1' is invalid. Path needs to point to valid member.

I picked this option out of the dropdown - so the system clearly is aware of its existence. Can the Workflow system simply not detect custom fields in related modules, or is there something else I need to do to resolve the error?

New Post
 9/24/2010 1:28 PM

Updating a custom field in a workflow is not automatic. You first need to run ~/_devtools/GenerateActivities.aspx to add the custom field to the Activity.

If you run into Access Denied issues with GenerateActivities, then you will need to use Windows Explorer to grant the special Everyone users Full access to the Web Site folder so that the utility can modify the activity files.

New Post
 6/18/2011 11:49 PM

So when you run ~/_devtools/GenerateActivities.aspx from the browser, what should happen if it worked? The browser page simply says done. I wasnt sure if that was that was the security error you were talking about.

New Post
 6/19/2011 12:38 PM

Generate Activities is intended to update the *Activity.cs class files so that custom fields will be available in a workflow. In order for it to run properly, you need to use Windows Explorer to grant Full Access to the Everyone user so that the web site will have permission to update the files. You can only run GenerateActivities.aspx when the domain is localhost. This is because it is a developer-only activity.

After running Generate Activities, you must recompile the application.

New Post
 6/20/2011 12:42 PM

Generate Activities seems to have worked because the custom fields are available in the workflow, but I keep getting this error when I try to pass a Custom field that contains a User Guid from Quotes to my call. Am I trying to do something not possible?

new Calls CALLS Calls CALLS CALLS.ASSIGNED_USER_ID guid equals {ActivityBind Quotes1, Path=FOLLOW_UP_USER_c}

ERROR

error 1549: Activity 'Calls1_AssignedUserID' validation failed: Path 'FOLLOW_UP_USER_C.ID' used to specify member for 'Quotes1' is invalid. Path needs to point to valid member.

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...WorkflowWorkflowSetting a custom field in a related module using Workflow.Setting a custom field in a related module using Workflow.