Forums

ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...WorkflowWorkflowSetting Assigned To field with WorkFlowSetting Assigned To field with WorkFlow
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 9/22/2010 12:11 PM

Hi,

I am trying to setup Workflows for our installation, we need to be able to have the workflows create tasks and automatically assign them to specific users. I have created a work flow and configured it to set the Assigned To value on tasks to an existing user name, however when the work flow runs, it populates all the fields except this one. Is there a reason why this would not work, or is there some configuration I am still missing?

New Post
 9/22/2010 11:09 PM

ASSIGNED_TO is a read-only field. Set the user to ASSIGNED_USER_ID instead.

New Post
 10/19/2010 2:40 PM

I am trying to create a follow up task for closed cases and I have figured out how to create the follow up task when the case is closed but I am having trouble assigning the task to the user that the closed case was assigned to. Is it possible to do this?

New Post
 10/19/2010 3:53 PM

Yes, but it requires a little knowledge of how Windows Workflow works, but I'll try and keep this as simple as possible. You probably are already in good shape in that you are creating a Task relationship record based on a Case update operation. Now you need to take a value from the Case record and use it in the Task record. The trick is to use the standard Windows Workflow binding.

On the Task record, update the Assigned User ID filed and specify the following in the value: {ActivityBind Case1,Path=MODIFIED_USER_ID}

As you can see, we are using standard Windows Workflow techniques to pass values from one workflow activity to another.

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...WorkflowWorkflowSetting Assigned To field with WorkFlowSetting Assigned To field with WorkFlow