Forums

ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...Feature Request...Feature Request...QuickBooks IntegrationQuickBooks Integration
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 10/3/2007 2:19 PM

Has anyone done any work to integrate Quickbooks and Splendid? I realize that 'integrate' could mean many things to many people but I'm just interested in hearing about any experiences anyone has had - good, bad or ugly - working to interface the two. Thanks in advance for any insight.
New Post
 10/3/2007 3:06 PM

Modified By Support  on 10/10/2007 3:48:48 PM

We have done some research into the QuickBooks Enterprise product and we have concluded that Intuit's claims of having a real relational backend to be misleading.  Although there does exist an ODBC driver to connect to QuickBooks, there does not seem to be any way to connect from database to database.  This is important because the ideal way to synchronize databases is to use triggers on both ends to ensure that changes on either end get replicated to the other.  On the other hand, Microsoft Accounting 2007 is indeed build upon SQL Server and can support bi-directional replication.

There is a SugarCRM to QuickBooks utility, but I believe that it resorts to polling for changes.  Polling is a terrible way to sync two systems.

New Post
 10/10/2007 1:29 PM

This is very disapointing to hear.  I found SplendidCRM due to searching for this functionality.  How is it not possible that you don't yet have it, when this interview, dated in 2006, says that it has already launched?

If the quickbooks integration works, then I am interested in using SplendidCRM, but if not, then it's just another CRM that requires double-data-entry, which is what I'm trying to get out of/avoid.

New Post
 10/10/2007 3:52 PM

The article refers to a product called Commit CRM, not SplendidCRM, as having integrated QuickBooks.  The reference to SplendidCRM is with regard to our support of SUSE Linux.

New Post
 10/11/2007 8:45 AM

When reading it again just now, I see how i got mixed up with the article...

Sorry for the troubles... The system looks nice, but until the quickbooks works, it's not what I need.

Thanks!
Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...Feature Request...Feature Request...QuickBooks IntegrationQuickBooks Integration