If you are an end-user, then you pay the per user fee for all users internal to your company. There is no limit on the number of web applications.
If you are providing hosting services, then you can host as many users and/or web servers as you like. You still need to pay the fee for users internal to your company.
If you are a system integrator, things can get more complicated, but they don't have to be. If you deliver a packaged application to your customers, and you provide the SQL source code to your customers in encrypted form, then you can support as many customers and users as you like. You still need to pay the fee for users internal to your company.
If you are a system integrator and your customers want to have the SQL source code, then they will need to obtain a professional license from us directly for each users within their organization.
There is no special code in the DLL to control users licenses. It simply does not make sense for us to attempt to control users in the code when you could easily defeat it since you have access to the code. You are effectively on the honor system.
Hai. please make me clear whether my undestanding is correct?
1. Number of User license is nothing but Number of persons who are going to view/modify the SQL source code.
2. I can distribute SplendidCRM without any professional licenese, as it is I downloaded from web to "x" Organization which contains "x" number of users as long as the SQL source is in Encrypted form. x = any number
3. I should buy Only 1 professional License, Where I myself is only one developer and I can distribute SplendidCRM to "x" Organization which contains "x" number of users as long as I am not giving SQL source code to my customers.
4. In case, If my customers (say ABC inn) want the source code, depending on how many users in "ABC Inn" will view/modify the SQL source code, that much license should be purchased by "ABC Inn" from spledidCRM and not me.
5. So spledidCRM belives that the person who buy 1 profesional license will not make make multiple copy of SQL source code/C# code and distribute. It is up to the person truthfullness where he should not do such things.
6. I saw SugarCRM 4.5 has been released. Whether all feautres are there in splendidcrm latest version. If not available, I can wait for some more months so that I can buy prof license of latest version.
7. I am feel little difficult in understanding SplendidCRM architecture. (both technical and lay man angle) whether any user guide is available to understand the architecture (C# and SQL Source) of splendidCRM.
Is any usermanual available like How to configure and use splendidCRM.
Thanx in advance.
1. We do count number of users, and we do include those that do not see the SQL source code. We don't charge hosing providers or Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) for their customers. Our goal is to encourage hosting providers and ISVs to make SplendidCRM a critical part of their business.
2. Correct. As an ISV, you can distribute a customized version of SplendidCRM so long as the SQL source code is encrypted.
3. We sell SplendidCRM in 5-packs, so you cannot purchase just one license.
4. Correct. If you customer wants to view or modify the SQL source code, then they would need to obtain a Professional license from us for each user of SplendidCRM within their company.
6. There is no need to wait as we provide free upgrades to point releases. We do intended to charge when a user upgrades from 1.x to 2.x, but that is a long way away.
7. We have been so busy adding features that we have not had time to write any documentation. This trend will likely continue until we have all the critical features, such as team management. If you ask a specific "how to" question, we would be happy to provide a detailed answer and even some sample code.
8. Please refer to the SugarCRM User's manual. One of the advantages of being near-identical to SugarCRM is that we do not have to write our own documentation.
Copyright (c) 2006-2012 SplendidCRM Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.