Forums

ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...General Discuss...General Discuss...Deploying on Shared Hosting Environment (GoDaddy)Deploying on Shared Hosting Environment (GoDaddy)
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 9/5/2010 4:31 PM

I'm trying to setup the community edition on a hosting account with GoDaddy. My current issue is getting the database onto GoDaddy's SQL Server. Because there are user defined functions that are encrypted, I am unable to use the database publishing wizard to push the database out there. Anyone have any experience with setting up Splendid in a shared hosting environment?

New Post
 9/5/2010 4:39 PM

In order to deploy SplendidCRM in a hosted environment, you need to use a proper connection string to the hosted database with the SplendidCRM Configuration Wizard. The wizard will apply all SQL objects to the hosted database.

New Post
 9/10/2010 5:33 AM

Aha, that is how you do it. You use the provided installer but install the web locally and the MS SQL datase remotely. After you are done and your localhost/SplendidCRM system works then you ftp the web from your local computer up to the remote hosted site?

New Post
 9/10/2010 6:20 AM

Correct.

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...General Discuss...General Discuss...Deploying on Shared Hosting Environment (GoDaddy)Deploying on Shared Hosting Environment (GoDaddy)