Forums

ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...General Discuss...General Discuss...Setup DB to hosted SQL ServerSetup DB to hosted SQL Server
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 2/15/2010 6:19 AM

I am trying setup Splendid CRM Community Edition to my hosting provider ( godaddy ). Hosting Company not allowing to restore sql server backup file to their system because of security. I tried to generate sql scripts for transfering schema to provider but stored procedures are locked. I tried to find sql script in installiation folders, explore sql scripts.xml but could not find any sql script. How can i find/extract sql scripts of splendid crm ?
New Post
 2/15/2010 8:58 AM

Does GoDaddy provide the ability to connect to the database using ADO.NET?  If so, then you can populate the database using the SplendidCRM Connection Wizard.  Just insert the GoDaddy connection string.

New Post
 2/15/2010 9:17 AM

Splendid Connection Wizard ? There is just a tool splendidconfigure.exe for creating db schema in the community setup package. I uploaded "Web Site" folder to my account. But web site does not have any admin page for creating db schema over ado.net connection in to empty database ?
New Post
 2/15/2010 11:02 AM

SplendidConfigure.exe is the SplendidCRM Configuration Wizard.  It is the only way to populate a Community database, so you will need to get a connection string from GoDaddy.  You need this connection string in the Web.config, so the real question is if you can access the database from your current system.  It is possible that there are firewalls that block the database traffic.

Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumMainstream Foru...Mainstream Foru...General Discuss...General Discuss...Setup DB to hosted SQL ServerSetup DB to hosted SQL Server